About Lara Heacock
To create a culture where business is a true balance of head and heart.
Because without it, we limit our capacities – both as leaders and as humans.
There's a way to blend head and heart in business...without sacrificing innovation, passion, or the bottom line.
Too many companies in corporate America are in crisis; stuck in unhelpful and ineffective structures that drive a culture of empty competition, mistrust, and poor communication.
The culture within our corporations seems to reflect the deepening divide going on in the world at large – whether it be in society, politics, or the generations –
My work is rooted in the belief that the answer to this disconnect isn’t found in another app or more conference calls, but in kindness, dialogue, and a smarter (not to mention more human) approach to leadership.
Kindness in Business
- It’s how we leverage our strengths like technology, infrastructure, and smart systems but make these work on a human level.
- It’s about facilitating dialogue that produces great leadership and great results.
- It’s about allowing individuals to thrive as they work towards the collective good of the organization – without sacrificing their personal lives.
- It’s about leading full lives – genuinely balancing work and home so we have the energy and resilience to perform at the top of our game.
- It’s about building healthy teams that thrive without succumbing to burnout.
- It’s about attracting great talent – and supporting them to thrive once they get here.
- It’s about recognizing that conflict isn’t always unhealthy – it’s a part of
business, that when we temper it with kindness, can be productive.
- It’s about encouraging people to take smart risks.
- It’s about empowering staff to be autonomous.
- It’s about supporting without micromanaging.
- It’s about providing honest, consistent feedback (not just at review time.)
- It’s always about giving woman an equal voice, and a seat at the table.
I have developed a unique four-part process to help leaders and organizations infuse kindness into their culture. Through this process, leaders are able to take ownership of the challenge and find practical solutions that address the needs of both the business and the individual.
You can see the process in action here.
Satisfaction and engagement rise, and at the end of the day, people feel good about the work they’ve done and the place in which they’ve done it.
Retention goes up, as does innovation, collaboration, and results.
Conflict reduces, as does work based stress and the associated problems that accompany it (i.e. burnout, presenteeism, absenteeism.)
I Know Corporate America
I bring almost 20 years of working in corporations across the country, including a billion dollar publically listed company where I oversaw a $1.5MM program.
I have over a decade of experience in recruiting and leadership, have managed geographically dispersed teams, and mentored and coached associates in the US and abroad.
I’m an MBA, certified coach, award-winning writer, Huffington Post author, Editor in Chief of popular personal development blog Kind Over Matter, and in-demand speaker.
I’m also obsessed with how we change the culture of corporate America from one that’s stuck in an adversarial and bureaucratic communication style to one that’s rooted in kindness as a tool for change.
Who I Work With
I work with companies who ‘get it’ – those who pay more than lip service to the idea of ‘we value our people’ and genuinely recognize that their people are their greatest asset.
I work with leaders who want to make a difference – people who don’t want to lose themselves to their job but occasionally can’t see the forest for the trees.
They’re experts for everyone else and are used to people coming to them for advice, but they struggle to give it to themselves. That’s where I come in.
I help leaders cut through the static and get to the heart of the matter. I’m an impartial adviser and my only vested interest is in them.
- Love of Learning
Start A Conversation